Rampart St. Row House Rag
String Quartet Op. 35, - I. Moderato
String Quartet Op. 51 No. 2, - IV. Allegro non assai
We are delighted to welcome back cellist Jean-Michel Fonteneau in a program that features works by Marsalis, Dvorak, Arensky, and Brahms. Each of this program's pieces tells its story through the power of rhythm. From the tense and triumphant finale of Brahms' A minor string quartet to the cool shuffle of Marsalis' Rampart St. Row House Rag, explore with us how composers use rhythm in their own ways to speak directly to our hearts.
Upon purchase you will receive an email confirmation detailing how to attend our virtual concert via Zoom.
One-on-one Concert Raffle
For every ticket purchased, your name will be entered for a chance to win a live and in-person private performance with a member of the Chamber Music Society of San Francisco!
There will be one winner announced at each Rhythms of the Heart concert. The format is a private one-on-one concert (one performer, one attendee).
Attendees can increase their chances of winning by buying more tickets. Your name will be entered once for every ticket you purchase.
COVID safety - one-on-one concerts will take place outdoors, with masks and distancing.
Fine print for private in-person performances:
1. Program selections are at sole discretion of CMS of SF performers.
2. Location to be set by the performers, within the Bar Area.
3. Weather conditions permitting and at the discretion of the musicians; temperature must be above 65 with no precipitation; air quality below 50 AQI.
4. All participants (performers and audience) must be masked and remain socially distanced.
5. No indoor facilities provided.
6. COVID-19 questionnaire shall be passed by audience, and temperature checked.
7. Subject to cancellation at the sole discretion of the CMS of SF musicians.